Monday, March 24, 2014

Work, Work, Work

As I've said before we have spent A LOT of time working on this house. I finally went through and found some "before/after" pictures...

The top one is actually after we'd taken up the old floor, primed/textured the walls, and had added the fireplace...

 ....and then...(all done except the shelves/cabinets next to the fireplace).


Here is the other side of the living room. Got rid of the ugly orange! lol
....and now...we're planning on getting a nice new front door at some point too. But other than that, that end is done! :) LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!

So there's that. Another "work" related thing...I got a promotion! Technically, I kinda got two. I started off at WF at a "Level 2", everyone else in my department was a "Level 3". Since last April I have been bugging my boss about bumping me up to a 3. I got the run around for a very long time. Long enough that I got to the point where I wasn't very nice about the whole thing. Finally, our department got openings...I figured I'd pretty much be written in. Oh no...I was told I would have to apply and interview. ANNNNNNNNDDDDD my boss was told that that was extremely ridiculous, and that it pissed me off (we have a very open relationship lol). I did however, get our yearly compensation. Raise #1.

At the same time an Analyst position opened up and, of course, I applied. I didn't really expect to get it but thought...what the hell, might as well try this freakin' place owe me something now!! As time went on and the field narrowed I gradually felt better about my chances. Meanwhile, we also got title changes, which ended up changing my title to a 3, so I didn't have to interview for it after all. Yay! Raise #2

Now, just about every 3 in my department applied...and I'm the one that got it. So HA! :) Anyways, I got a pay raise for that too. Raise #3

AND that is all just with the current "titles". Our whole department, effective March 23rd they said, is getting a title change. THIS title change will effect our pay a lot more. There are "estimates" available somewhere online that people have looked at and speculated about what the raises will be. At this point, I don't even care lol 

Things are going in the right direction. I'm kickin' butt! lol Took long enough!




No comments:

Post a Comment